Tuesday 26 June 2007

Summer Plans

Read through Kivak's latest wanderings about atheism, Agnes the Nigerian podvodnice and the miseries of owning property in Prague. Very entertaining. The only criticism I have today is that the picture of Budova A on the homepage should be F, right? At least it looks like F, our home at Harcov. Not sure why anyone would photograph A since we had no relationship with the place, unless Kivak was casing the place to locate easy shag targets...
Not too much to report from Morava. Have spent the last 5 weeks travelling as usual, finished up last week in Amsterdam (don't worry, postcard is in the mail) and cancelled a trip to Bulgaria. Partner there couldn't fill the week with meetings so I decided not to go and spend some time at home catching up.
I know JP and Matt are planning something up North this coming weekend, but I can't motivate myself for another trip just now. Having said that, all are welcome to Brno, got our deck furniture finally so stop by sometime. Promised Emma a trip to the Schonbrunn Zoo in Vienna and since promises to 3 year olds cannot be broken or forgotten, we'll spend the first part of the upcoming svatky getting Emma to talk to animals in German....
Then a couple of trips around the region before The Summer Holiday, this year a week at Limone sul Garda on Lago di Garda above Verona and then a second week in Alto Adige - Sudtirol - South Tirol near Meran. Stasa vetoed the annual beach bake in Greece since we are expecting #2 this December and she doesn't want a hot destination this summer.
Kivak would be interested and perhaps a bit jealous to know that I'm planning a two week intensive Russian course in Odessa right after holiday. Need to get this in the portfolio for when we step up our CIS business activities next year. Should be fun. Odessa and the Black Sea in August.....I'll try to take some pictures. Then from September to Christmas non-stop travels and the business routine. So that's 2007 for me, hope all you guys are having a good year.
tvc

1 comment:

Kivak said...

Hah, well spotted there tvc. Took a while though for anyone to notice the mistake. Have the building name accordingly. Yeah, not a deliberate mistake at all - just had an alphabetical memory lapse, although I seem to recall spending some time in 'A'. I think that's where Jana was habitating during my second last year in CZ way back in 2000.

Cheers for the post, tvc. Was feeling slightly disheartened over the last couple of weeks, but I've promised myself not to send out anymore naff email reminders, since they mostly have the opposite effect intended. I nevertheless sent you one of my lugubrious postcards yesterday...